We just woke up and it’s 6:30am in a brand new day in Saigon! A few hours ago we just said our goodbyes to Corinne (we miss you already!) and made our itinerary for 12 hours in Saigon.
12 HOURS in Saigon, you say? Yes, we can do it. This is our challenge:
In 12 hours, we will…
- Get bus tickets from Saigon to Phnom Penh
- Visit Mariamman Hindu Temple
- Visit Reunification Palace
- Visit War Remnants Museum
- Visit Notre Dame Cathedral
- Pound the Post Office
- Money up the Bank
- Visit Saigon Central Mosque
- Visit Jade Emperor Pagoda
- Visit Cholon and its pagodas
- Meet with my friend from ECAASU, Van Nguyen, and her brother by 5pm
Very easy. Very doable. Then we board a 6am bus to Phnom Penh the next morning.
We also just started our daily prescription of the anti-malarial, Malarone, so I shall report on the crazy dreams we’ll be having as a result of its side effects. Look under “What Dreams May Come” as a future category.
And awaayyyy we go!
p.s. Facebook doesn’t work here. That makes us sad.
- At time of posting in Ho Chi Minh, it was 80.6 °F -
Humidity: 100% | Wind Speed: n/a | Cloud Cover: few clouds